Sunday Salon: Watching Lorna Doone

I recently watched the 2000 adaptation of Lorna Doone starring Richard Coyle as John Ridd and Amelia Warner as Lorna Doone. (Also notable, Martin Clunes as Jeremy Stickles, and Aidan Gillen as Carver Doone). This historical romance was quite lovely! I do love period dramas! And I'd definitely recommend this one to anyone who loves period dramas and historical romance--even if you've never read the book or plan on reading the book.

It is quite fast-paced, especially when compared with the novel! It is romantic and exciting and oh-so-intense. Especially the ending.
I just LOVED Richard Coyle as John Ridd. Then again, I tend to LOVE Richard Coyle. And Aidan Gillen made a dramatic, oh-so-dangerous villain. He made Carver Doone so much more interesting, I thought. A truly memorable villain!

I thought this film did a great job with the characters, the characterization!!! And the romance was lovely. 

Have you seen this one, what did you think?

© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment